Romero remakes "Profondo rosso"
Namib
2010-05-17 10:55:13 UTC
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118019404.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Get ready for "Deep Red" in 3D -- not by Dario Argento but from George A.
Romero.

Romero is in advanced negotiations to helm a stereoscopic remake in
English of Argento's cult classic, according to sources.

The 1975 "Deep Red," about a string of supernatural splatter murders, is
considered Argento's gem giallo and the film that established his
international standing.

The Romero-helmed 3D "Deep Red" redo is being set up as an
Italo-Canadian co-production by Italian producer Claudio Argento via his
Opera Film shingle. Robbie Little's The Little Company is preselling the pic
in Cannes.

Claudio Argento, who is Dario's brother and regular producer, has penned the
screenplay for Romero's redo.

Plan is to start shooting this fall in Canada.

Though Dario Argento and George Romero go back a long way -- he
collaborated with Romero on zombie classic "Dawn of the Dead," on which he
has producer credit, and they also co-directed "Two Evil Eyes" in 1990 --
Dario Argento will not be involved in Romero's remake in any guise.
John Dodo
2010-05-19 15:47:47 UTC
Post by Namib
Get ready for "Deep Red" in 3D -- not by Dario Argento but from George A.
Romero.
The Romero-helmed 3D "Deep Red" redo is being set up as an
Italo-Canadian co-production by Italian producer Claudio Argento
Un incubo, dai.
Invece ho letto qualcosa in giro su "A serbian movie", un hostel con tette
e culi in bella mostra, interessante :D
--
- I'm afraid to close my eyes, I'm afraid to open them

- Devi sparargli sul naso!

- Rivoglio il mio scellino!
Emanuele
2010-05-22 13:08:25 UTC
Post by John Dodo
Invece ho letto qualcosa in giro su "A serbian movie", un hostel con tette
e culi in bella mostra, interessante :D
Ho visto il trailer, sembra interessante...

Emanuele